In this episode of Fireside Markets, host James Osborne discusses the current state of the 401(k) marketplace with Ben Carlson, the blogger behind A Wealth of Common Sense. We discuss 401(k) providers, poor participation and savings rates, the generally confused state of small business owners, and a few possible fixes.
Items mentioned in this podcast:
- My piece on Frontline’s Retirement Gamble
- My piece Fixing America’s Battered Retirement System
- Ben’s piece Fixing the 401(k)
- Ben on Mandatory Retirement Savings
- Richard Thaler’s Save More Tomorrow plan (PDF)